Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Pie!

As I mentioned in last week's RTT, I love summer pies! To me, a summer pie is one that has light, fluffy ingredients and is cool and refreshing. I've had pies on the mind. I have a couple of recipes that I love. They are super easy to make. So, I figured if I was going to be talking about pie, I should probably share a recipe.

Easy Margarita Pie
(got this a few years ago from the Jello display at the store)

2/3 cup boiling water
1 pkg (4 serving size) Margarita Flavor Jello
Ice
1/2 cup cold water
8 0z tub Cool Whip
1 Graham Cracker Crust

Stir boiling water into dry Jello mix in a large bowl until completely dissolved. Add enough ice to cold water to measure 1 cup. Add to Jello and stir until slightly thickened. Add cool whip. Stir with whisk until well-blended. Refrigerate 15-20 minutes or until mixture is very thick and will mound. Spoon into crust. Refrigerate at leasta 4 hours before serving. Store leftovers in the refrigerator.

The great thing about this recipe is that you can use any flavor of Jello you have on hand. It is fantastic and a crowd pleaser on a hot summer day. Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.