Monday, June 1, 2009

Free Lunch!!

Whoever said there was no such thing as a free lunch had apparently never been here during the summer. A few weeks ago I read in the post paper that the free lunch program for kids would begin 01 June. I thought to myself, "Self, that is pretty cool. Wonder where these free lunches are?" Later that afternoon, as if they had heard me talking to myself, the school sent home a flyer with the locations and times that said lunches would be handed out. I told the hubby about this program and he was skeptical. I really don't blame him. Very few things in this world of ours are truly free. But I remained positive. So, I checked the list for the playground location closest to us. Then today, I loaded the baby into her stroller, grabbed the oldest kiddo and we set off to explore this free lunch thing. We got there right as the lunch van was pulling up. This nice lady hopped out and started handing out bagged lunches and drinks to the starving children waiting in line. I have to say that it went really well. The lunch consisted of a crustables pb&j sandwich, chips, cucumber slices, an apple and choice of juice or milk. The best part?! It truly was completely free!! Oldest kiddo ate his lunch and enjoyed some playtime at the playground. As an added bonus, I got a little exercise. It was a great thing all around. We will definitely be making the trek up to the playground for free lunch everyday this summer because I'm cheap and totally into free meals!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.