Thursday, June 25, 2009

Dieting Dos and Don'ts

I, like so many others I know, am attempting to lose a few pounds. During my recent pregnancy I gained *gasp* 60 pounds. (Yeah, yeah, insert fat joke here. But I'll remind you that Kate Hudson gained that much and she's a freakin' stick figure these days, so ha...) Anyhoo, the first 25 pounds just kind of fell off after I got home, but those remaining pounds are holding tight to whatever they can find and I'm getting a bit irritated about it. So, I am buckling down and committing to kicking those pounds out of my life. Because I know so many others who are currently fighting the battle of the bulge, I thought my little list of do's and don'ts would be appreciated :)

DO:
*Get mad at the fat lurking around your body
*Make a plan and stick to it
*Realize that you aren't perfect and will slip on occasion
*Tell someone that will ride your ass about your diet/exercise plan

DON'T:
*Eat ice cream for breakfast, even if you tell yourself that you have all day to burn it off
*Weigh yourself before you've done the two Ps: pee and pump....Ok, pumping (or nursing) only applies to those of us with active mammory glands
*Weigh yourself after 8 pm because you weigh more at night
*Give up!

Yep, so there is my diet/exercise advice. That'll be $150. (What a good nutrionist would charge you an arm and a leg for that advice...but I guess that is one way of losing some weight...not a smart one in my opinion but nevertheless...)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.