Wednesday, June 24, 2009

More Pie!!

Who doesn't love pie?! I love making pies in the summer because they don't require me to make pie crusts (an activity at which I suck) and they don't require me to turn on the oven. Plus, lately they have become a fabulous use for the five bricks of cream cheese sitting in my fridge reminding me that the hubby really is never going to get around to that cheesecake he promised me....anyhoo, here is a great recipe that I found in the last issue of the Kraft food & family magazine. The original recipe can be found here, but I made a few modifications to mine and it turned out well.

Peanut Butter Swirl Pie

8 oz cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/3 cup creamy peanut butter
2 cups Cool Whip
1 Oreo pie crust
1/3 cup chocolate syrup

Beat cream cheese, sugar and peanut butter in a large bowl until blended. Gently stir in Cool Whip. Spoon into the crust and drizzle chocolate syrup on top. Swirl with a knife. Refrigerate for 4 hours. (Or hurry it along in the freezer if--like me--you just can't wait 4 hours for the deliciousness!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.