Monday, June 22, 2009

The Curse of the Tomato Plants

I am a good southern girl. I have always taken pride in this. Part of being a good southern girl is preparing to be a good southern granny. I am afraid I may be failing at this. Seriously, I may lose my pearls for this one! Part of being a good southern granny is the ability to grow tomatoes. For the life of me, I cannot grow a tomato plant. I used to be a horticulture major (way back in another life before I had kids), so I know a thing or two about plants. But when it comes to tomatoes, I am cursed. Last year, the plants got aphids and in my attempt to kill the stupid suckers, the plants ended up with burnt leaves and never fully recovered. This year, I haven't even gotten the stupid plants in the pots and they are already showing signs of death. I have no idea why! I would apologize to the tomato plant gods, but I'm not sure what I did to offend them. However, until I can figure this out, I will be buying tomatoes and pretending that I grew them. I just hope no one asks to see the plant they came off of...

Stupid cursed tomato plants!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.