Thursday, October 15, 2009

Truth in Advertising

I'm a big believer in the notion of truth in advertising. If you put yourself out there as the best, then dang it be the best. This goes for large companies scrambling for my pennies, as well as 30-something soccer moms in their minivans.

On my way home from school today, I needed to pee (TMI? Sorry...). So, naturally, I got stuck behind someone who was in less of a hurry than me. As I was patiently driving behind this lovely minivan, I took notice of her window art. Plastered all over her back window were Twilight themed stickers. Now, I'm all for reading (duh) but I'm fairly certain that this particular soccer mom had never actually read the books.

Why? Well, because one of her stickers proclaimed "I drive like a Cullen". Now, if she had read the books, she would have been driving a lot faster than 10 miles an hour and I wouldn't have had to leap from a barely parked vehicle and sprint through my house to the potty.

I'm still a little bothered by the fact that 30-something soccer moms seem to have taken more interest in this series than the tweens it was meant for, but I'm sure that's a post for another time...

2 comments:

  1. Well...as a 30-year old mom (not yet the "soccer" or "minivan" variety) I have held back from this Twilight craze. I'm tempted to read the books because I read fast and like a series. However, I am trying to understand that I'm 30. And will always and forever be a fan of the Interview with a Vampire series. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you talking about the lady in the brown thing, at the bottom of the hill???
    If so, I had been stuck behind her and was ready to get out and beat her behind!!! I even thought about sneaking down there that night, and rip the sticker off her car!
    Jasmine

    ReplyDelete

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.