- The greeter at Wal-Mart does not need to see your ID card.
- A lot of people will complain about everything. Give them free medical care and it will be the most horrible thing they've ever witnessed. Give them a new rope to hang themselves with and they will find something wrong with it.
- Attitude is EVERYTHING! Yes, somethings (like deployments) suck. However, if you walk into a situation with a bad attitude about it, you have very little chance of getting anything positive from it. (Like the medical care....walk in expecting bad care and that's what you're gonna get...I've never gotten bad care, in fact it has always been excellent.)
- Being family doesn't necessarily mean you share blood.
- Friends that will stand by you through thick and thin (or deployments) are more precious than diamonds.
- AAFES really stands for "Always and Forever Extorting Soldiers", but they do donate their profits back to the post.
- Every place has its own beauty. Some places, like Hawaii, the beauty is more easily found. Other places, like El Paso, you have to search a little harder but that just means you'll appreciate it more.
- Home is wherever you have your curtains hung at the moment. It can be packed up and moved within one week, if necessary. Back home is wherever you visit on leave.
- Letters rule your life. PCS, LES, ect.
- This life isn't for everyone. But for those of us who survive it, it is the only life we can imagine.
Top 10 Crafts to Make This Week
19 hours ago