Friday, October 2, 2009

Busy Weekend Ahead

Wow, I have a super busy weekend ahead of me! Luckily, I do well when I have a lot to do. For some reason, when I only have one or two things to do, my tendency to procrastinate presents itself in full force. I think it's because the more I have to do, the less time I have to even think about procrastinating. Anyhoo, here's what I have to do this weekend:
  • 5 page paper on the poetry of William Blake...I know, you are totally jealous...
  • 7 page paper in which I have to apply one of about 4 schools of literary criticism to "Trifles" by Susan Glaspell...I'm kind of looking forward to this one because it is such an interesting little play. It is only one act and packed full of things that a literary critic can pick up on and run with. Glaspell actually wrote a short story called "A Jury of Her Peers" based on the play as well. Both texts are widely available in their entirety online. If you have a few minutes and are looking for something new to read, I'd recommend them.
  • 2 midterms to study for...one in World History and one in my course on Blake...hate prepping for tests...
  • Short presentation on the text of the last 6 poems of "Songs of Experience" by William Blake...yuck...
  • Develop magical powers that allow me to clean my house with the wave of my hand.
  • Keep up with 3 kids and the hubby...no telling what they'll get themselves into...
  • Find time to go grocery shopping because for some reason the aforementioned children and hubby think they need to eat on a daily basis.
  • Sleep...yeah, this one isn't seeming to likely at this point...
Well, that's what my weekend looks like...Hope your's is less hectic and more relaxing than mine!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.