Thursday, September 3, 2009

Haphazard Musings

I've already been random once this week, but some weeks are just more random than others. So, I've decided to dedicate a second blog to randomness this week. I'm calling these random bits my haphazard musings. Best of luck figuring out what really goes on in my head. I've yet to figure that one out myself and I've been living in this wonderland of randomness for 27 years now...

**I want to reach that silent place within myself where I see the blue pearl. Problem with this is that I don't meditate.

**When I become a big, fancy-pants Senator and then I die, I want Congress to put my name on a bill and pass said bill requiring that all citizens take a daily nap. (I clearly don't expect this to happen as I have no political ambitions and no desire to ever be a big, fancy-pants Senator...)

**Why do people not take the time to spell words properly? Spell check, people!

**I cherish complexity. Good thing, since I'm an English major! But, seriously, I love diving into a book that is full of layers and can be interpreted in many different ways. This love of complexity probably also explains why I enjoy studying religions. It also explains why I'm good with the fact that there isn't always one right answer.

**I am NOT a literature snob! I think I have finally settled on a topic for my senior honors thesis and it deals with the Harry Potter series.

**Literature snobs bother me.

**I think the word "literature" scares people.

**I call my middle kiddo "Jakey-Bo-Bakey" and I have no idea why.

**I think that Spongebob might be the most obnoxious cartoon character ever...oh wait, I take that back...Ed, Edd and Eddy are the most obnoxious characters.

And that's pretty much it...well, not really but that's all I have time to write about for now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.