Thursday, August 6, 2009

My Lunch Companion

I had the best lunch today! And it wasn't because of the food. This morning, I decided to go out to lunch with myself. Yep, I walked into a restaurant and ate all by myself (well, Kacey was with me, but she's 4 months old). I believe that it takes a lot of confidence to eat at a table by yourself. It's something that, unfortunately, not every woman feels comfortable doing. You just have to go in there and not care what everyone thinks. In reality, they probably are too wrapped up in their own existence to even consider what you are doing at that table by yourself. There is something so wonderful and soothing about sitting there enjoying a meal alone. There is no pressure to be entertaining or to share the rolls or anything else. You don't have to be a mom and tell anyone to use their inside voice or to stop throwing straw wrappers at a sibling. It is great. I think every woman ought to be her own lunch (or dinner) companion every once in a while. Try it sometime and you'll see what I mean.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.