Friday, August 14, 2009

My Favorite Books

Anyone who reads my blog on a regular basis (or who knows me in real life) knows that I love, love, love reading. I'm an English major, for goodness sake, of course I have an obsession with books. So, today I decided that I'd make a list of my top 10 favorite books. Here, in no particular order, they are for your literary pleasure:

1. A Separate Peace by John Knowles

2. Harry Potter 1-7 by JK Rowling

3. Love Medicine by Louise Erdrich

4. The Unvanquished by William Faulkner

5. Oh, The Places You'll Go! by Dr. Seuss

6. The Bell Jar by Sylvia Plath

7. The Greatest Generation by Tom Brokaw

8. Eats, Shoots & Leaves by Lynne Truss

9. The DaVinci Code by Dan Brown

10. Flowers for Algernon by Daniel Keyes

As you can tell, I love books from all genres and times. I'm almost finished reading The House of Mirth by Edith Wharton. It won't replace any of these books on my top 10 favorites list, but it is good. I plan to read another book by Louise Erdrich when I finish the Wharton novel. So, what are your favorites? What are you, my dear internet friends, reading?

2 comments:

  1. Flowers for Algernon is still one of my favorite books despite the fact that I read it in high school.
    I'm a book nut too. Some of my favorite authors are John Irving and Graham Greene.
    Hi from SITS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love Dr. Suess! Stopping by for the SITS Saturday Sharefest! I don't read much with working full-time and speding time with famiy and blogging in my spare time. I generally just read to my kiddos.

    Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.