Friday, August 21, 2009

It Shouldn't Be That Complicated

Apparently, diaper rash ointment is complicated. Here's the conversation I had with the secretary at my daughter's daycare this morning to prove it:

Me: Hi! I need to turn this form in for the director to sign.

Secretary: Ok...ummm....you need to fill in where you want the providers to apply the product.

Me: It's diaper rash ointment. It goes on her hoo-hoo...want me to write that?

Secretary: Oh, I don't think that's necessary.

**Crickets while she scans the rest of the oh-so-complicated-form**

Secretary: We can't apply it "as needed"...

Me: What?!

Secretary: Well, you have to specify when you want it applied. Do you want them to put it on every diaper change or every other diaper change...

Me (mumbling): Yeah, because that wouldn't be complicated...

Finally, I take the sheet and write "after each diaper change" after the "as needed" that I had already written...

If only I'd known it was going to be sooo complicated...

1 comment:

  1. I'm sooo glad the daycare days are a distant memory. Things are getting nuts, I suppose due to the legal system. Stuff like this brings me to the point of exasperation. You handled it well :D

    Stopping by to welcome you to SITS. I know that you will enjoy being a part of this vibrant community of bloggers.

    ReplyDelete

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.