Friday, January 1, 2010

What I Plan to Do This Year

(Yes, I realize I'm into this dorky-4th-grade-essay title thing lately, but, hey, I'm a dork and that's how I roll...)

I really try to make goals for myself rather than resolutions. I believe that resolutions are all about changing behavior and, honestly, how often do we do that...about as often as a leopard changes its spots. For 2010, I have a few goals. In no particular order, here they are:

**Read 52 books.
**Graduate from college.
**Get into the Alternative Certification Program and get a teaching job.
**Limit my daily soda intake to 2.

So, I think that last one borders on being a resolution so let's not hold our breath on it, but the rest are totally doable with a little hard work (and possibly a little luck on the job thing, given the current job market in most places).

I hope you all have a wonderful 2010. Stick around and see how far I get with my goals/borderline resolution. You are guaranteed a few laughs and maybe even an insightful moment or two :)

What are your plans for the year?

6 comments:

  1. Good luck!

    I plan on 52 books this year, too. I tried for 104 last year, but only got to 99. I think alot of my reading time has been taken up by reading blogs instead.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree that it's better to make goals rather than resolutions. I'll be so impressed if you achieve all your goals this year, especially if you read a book a week! Thanks for visiting Marlie and Me and commenting on my Decade in Review!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those are great goals! Wishing you every happiness in 2010!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Sits Saturday Share-fest!! Good luck with 2010.....I hope you achieve all of your goals.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like your goals! Mine is a picture a day for a year! We shall see!

    happy Sharefest Saturday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I plan to be awesome at crockpot usage! :)

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I feel like I'm the only blogger that hasn't posted my "resolutions" yet (mine is more of a goal too.) I need to get on that!

    ReplyDelete

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.