Saturday, January 30, 2010

More Yumminess From the Crock Pot

I'm on a recipe roll today.  This morning I got tired of looking at some rice in my cabinet, so I threw it in the crock pot with a few other ingredients.  And like magic, it turned into a yummy rice pudding!!

1 cup rice*
4 cups milk
1 cup sugar
1 tsp ground cinnamon
1/2 tsp ground cardamom**
1/8 tsp salt
non-stick cooking spray

Spray the inside of your crock pot.  Place all ingredients in the crock pot and give them a stir.  Cook on high for 2 1/2 hours.  Stir and eat.  (Don't burn your tongue!  Also good at room temp or cold.)

*I used some jasmine rice we'd had in the cabinet for a while.  I think any white rice would work well as long as it's not the quick-cooking kind.
**If you don't have cardamom, no worries.  Don't rush out and buy it, unless you plan to use it in other stuff because it's a little pricey.  Just throw in another 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon in its place.
***I would not throw this in the crock pot if you aren't going to be home to watch it.  You'll need to keep an eye on it.  Mine was done right at 2 1/2 hours, but depending on your crock pot it could take up to 3 hours on high.

This got two thumbs up from both boys, a yum-yum-yum from baby girl and a "pretty good" from the hubby.  Hope you like it!

6 comments:

  1. Sounds great! I LOVE crock pot recipes!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stopping by from SITS. In my single days I used to put all my meals in the crockpot, go to work/school - come home and dinner was ready. When I got married we received a new crockpot and I threw out my old one. Huge mistake. The new one burns EVERYTHING - no matter how much liquid... burn burn burn..

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet! What's your opinion on brown rice pudding? haha...can't decide whether it's worth the risk of it stinking :) peach cobbler tonight (non-crockpot style)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stopping by from SITS! This sounds great for a cold day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, I'm not sure on brown rice...I've seen recipes for it but we've never tried it. If you try it, let me know how it turns out :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've never had rice pudding. It sounds delicious. I will have to try this out!

    ReplyDelete

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.