Sunday, November 22, 2009

Thanksgiving Countdown, Day 5 & 6

Some days just get away from me. Yesterday was one of those, so I missed posting Day 5 of my Thanksgiving Countdown. I'm gonna combine days 5 and 6 to make up for that.

This time around, I am thankful that I don't always get things my way. Or, in other words, I am thankful for unanswered prayers. If everything always went the way I planned for it to, I would have missed out on a lot of really cool things in my life. I would have moved to Texas for college and never met my husband. I would have won the lottery a long time ago and never learned the lessons of money management and being happy with what I've got. I would have gotten my college degree four years after I got out of high school and I would never have learned to appreciate education the way I do now. There are so many times that my plans haven't gone right. And each time, something better came from it.

Two wonderful quotes come to mind when I think about this blessing...


1 comment:

  1. I am totally living a life I love, but never once even thought was possible!!! I learned a long time ago to let go.......

    I love your new diet idea!!

    ReplyDelete

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.