Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Wacky Wednesday

Because this is my blog and I'll make stuff up if I feel like it, I'm declaring the theme of Wednesdays to be "Wacky Wednesday". On said day, I will share some wacky thing that has happened to me recently. So here it goes, my first Wacky Wednesday....

Yesterday, the hubby had the day off. (Weird that he got Tuesday instead of Friday, but I'll take what I can get.) The two oldest kiddos had school, so we had a day to hang out together *gasp*. We decided to take a trip over to Heaven Hill Distillery and take the tour. It is about an hour away from here and we had fun on the drive over discussing things like how if you eat a live frog first thing in the morning nothing worse will happen to you all day. When we arrived, we got the lowdown on the tour. It consisted of a short movie, tour of one of the storage houses and a tasting. A tasting?! For free?! Yes!! However, before I could get fully excited, the little front desk lady informed us (as she eyed our sleeping 7 1/2 week old daughter) that no one under the age of 21 is allowed in the tasting room. WHAT?! Yeah, I suppose they were afraid that my little darling was going to belly up to the bar and clean them out of their fine bourbon. In the end, I let the hubby go into the tasting and I toured the gift shop since Kacey is on breast milk so I didn't really need to be tasting anyways. According to hubby, I didn't miss out on much. I'm not too disappointed anyways, I'm a Maker's Mark gal myself. Anyhoo, just thought it was a little wacky that they take the no one under 21 rule so seriously that my sleeping infant was banned from the tasting room.

Feel free to share your wackiness too...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.