Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Books, books, books

I love books! Duh, I'm an English major. I am currently reading Angels and Demons. Normally, I try to avoid the "it" book of the moment. For instance, I avoided all things Harry Potter and Twilight for quite a while. I have to admit that I have now read all seven HP books and think they are some of the most well written books I've ever read because of how Rowling is able to tie them all together with very few holes in the story. And I'll even admit that I have now read two of the four Twilight books. I refuse to buy a book in hardcover until I know for sure that I like it (I know, I'm weird) so it'll be August before I read the third one and who knows when I'll get to read the fourth one. I have a serious book problem though. In our house, we have three bookcases. Each of them is full and there are still books that need homes. From where I'm sitting, I can see at least five books that won't fit on a shelf. That's just in this one little room. Multiply that by the rest of the rooms in my house and we're looking at nearly needing a whole new bookshelf. The worst part of all of this? I've passed my book problem on to my children. Remember those five books that need shelf space? Yeah, well, those are just mine. I see at least another five kiddo books. Oh, and the kids already have full bookcase of books in addition to my three.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.