Monday, May 18, 2009

Time Flies

My baby girl is six weeks old now. It is hard to believe just how quickly time passes. We never expected to have another baby (thus the five year age difference between her and Jacob) but it is wonderful. When we had the boys, we were really young. Being a young parent is great, but I am discovering that there is also something to be said for being a little older as well. I've noticed that with Kacey I have more patience. I remember when the boys were babies I dreaded those cries in the middle of the night. I would grumble. The hubby and I would fight over whose turn it was to get up with the baby. I couldn't wait to sleep through the night again. Don't get me wrong, getting up in the middle of the night still sucks but I now realize that this won't last forever. Eventually, I will go back to sleeping all night and then (in my well-rested state) I will miss those moments in the middle of the night when it's just the two of us. All too quickly the world will consume her and I will no longer be the center of her universe. She'll have school, activities and friends. So, with all my grown-up wisdom, I am slowing down and enjoying each and every moment with my daughter.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.