Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Stirring Things Up

Apparently, I stir things up. It is not something I do on purpose, but it happens. Whenever I take a class, I make every effort to learn as much as I possibly can in that class. In order to learn, I think it is sometimes necessary to put aside my personal beliefs and look at things through an objective lens. Once I have processed something that way, I can then figure out how I personally feel about it. However, I generally keep my personal opinions out of the academic arena. Maybe I am unique in this ability to compartmentalize things in such a way. It drives me crazy when people do not even make an effort to do this because I think they are cheating themselves. I respect everyone's right to hold their own opinions. (My hubby puts his life on the line to protect that right) I also know that just because I believe something is right or wrong does not necessarily make it right or wrong, and I wish that others would keep this in mind as well. I think people sometimes think that I am super liberal. In reality, I'm not. I'm not super conservative either. And I'm not looking to stir things ups. I am just putting forth my best effort to learn as much as I can using the method that works best for me. If that is revolutionary and stirs things up, well then I guess I can live with that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.