Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Role Models

I have to admit that I am a huge fan of celebrity gossip. (In case you didn't know...) There is just something about watching people who supposedly have it all making idiots of themselves. However, I do not hold these people up as role models for myself nor do I encourage my kids to follow these examples. Perez Hilton is one of my favorite gossipers, but sometimes I find myself torn when it comes to him. More than once he has been part of the media that builds an individual up then turns around and tears that person down. Sometimes, though, I just want to shout how fantastic he is. If you haven't been living under a rock for the past few weeks, you have heard about the Rhianna/Chris Brown thing. Well, I won't go into exactly what I think ought to be done to a man who hits a woman or to a woman who has so little respect for herself that she takes his dumb ass back, but I will say that on this I completely agree with Perez. Kids should know that violence of this type (well, of any kind, really) is unacceptable. And in the words of Forrest Gump, "That's all I have to say about that."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.