Monday, February 2, 2009

They Can't Live Without Me (Dang It!)

Yesterday afternoon was beautiful! After nearly a week of being cooped up in the house with cranky kiddos and a hubby suffering from a major case of cabin fever (seriously, he was worse than the kids!), I needed a break. So, I decided that I would indulge in a little retail therapy. I told hubby I was going out, hugged the kiddos and set off on my shopping adventure. Target has some good sales on some stuff I needed to gather up for little Miss Kacey Jane before she gets here, so I headed there first. It takes about 20 minutes to get there and I was in the store for about 40 minutes (hey, it could've been way longer!). As I was headed to my next destination (Old Navy), my phone starts singing. It was Martin. So, I answer (because if I hadn't, he would've set up search teams and I would've been hunted down, dragged home and locked away within a matter of minutes). I tell him I just left Target. Great but what he really wants to know is if I ever bought any black trash bags. No, I tell him. He seems annoyed by this answer. Then he proceeds to ask me if I am headed home. I'd been gone for an entire **HOUR** and he was acting like it had been days. Of course, I wasn't headed home but I decided to skip Old Navy, go buy black trash bags at Wal-Mart and head home before more desperate phone calls were received. I love the man and our kids, but dang it, can't they live without me for like 2 hours?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.