Thursday, February 5, 2009

Living with Martin

If you know him, you know that my hubby is a bit nutty. He is his own person and really does not care what other people think about it. Honestly, I know people say that all the time, but the man for real could care less what other people think about him. Anyhoo...his latest nuttiness comes in the form of a fascination with all things green. No, not like Kermit the Frog kind of green. I'm talking let's get crunchy and save the planet kind of green. Now, do not get me wrong--I have a secret love for all things green. (Well, guess it's not so secret now....) However, my dear hubby has taken it to a whole new level.

Recently, he discovered that we have a channel called Planet Green. It is now one of our top two most viewed channels (it falls in line behind USA because we....and by "we" I mean Martin....cannot live without 3 flippin' hours of NCIS every night). We are now watching shows such as "Total Wrecklamation", "Emeril Green", and "Living with Ed". There really are a lot of good ideas and things that are so easy to do that it makes you wonder why people seem so unwilling to go green. However, all the extra oxygen created by the green movement must have gone to my husband's head because the man has lost his danged mind (bless his heart).

Let me give you some examples of the madness I am dealing with here:
  • He wants to find a wrecked Prius, pull the motor and adapt it into one of his Jeeps.
  • He actually decided last night that cremation might be more green than burial, so now he wants me to cremate him when he passes on.
  • He wants to build a house when he retires from the Army that is entirely green...he wants it to be completely off the grid meaning that the house is completely self-sufficient when it comes to power and water supply.
  • Our big excitement for this weekend is a trip to the Whole Foods Market in Louisville. (Actually, I'm kinda looking forward to this one...)

So there you have it. More proof that my hubby is a nut, but I love him and I admire his desire to leave the world a better place. But I am kind of starting to feel like Ed's wife...the man needs to be supervised at all times (or I'm going to end up with a Prius motor in my Jeep and a football field of solar panels for a yard in few years)!

1 comment:

  1. Yay, Martin! I'm a fan of going green, and try to do my part. However, Tom is totally opposed. Weird, right?

    ReplyDelete

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.