Thursday, February 12, 2009

Pork Chops (but no applesauce)

My internet is still being flaky so I wasn't able to post this yesterday. Oh well, at least I can get it posted now :)

My kiddos are not super picky eaters, but they have their moments. One food that I can pretty much count on them always eating is pork chops. However, I had run out of ideas for how to prepare them. The other day I was reading one of my cookbooks, Paula Deen's The Lady & Sons, and found a really fabulous recipe for Barbecue-Style Pork Chops. It seemed a little bland for our family's taste so I added a few things, adjusted a few things, and the boys (including the hubby) loved them. The best part of this recipe find is that the sauce is great for more than just chops. I made ribs on Sunday and used this sauce. I think I may try it out in the crock pot on a roast too. Sooo, what are the details of this fab new recipe, you ask? Well, here you go:

14.5 oz crushed tomatoes (original recipe calls for whole tomatoes crushed, but these work better)
1/2 cup ketchup
1/4 cup brown sugar
2 tbsp Worcestershire sauce
2 tbsp mustard
1/2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp minced garlic
1 small onion, diced
1/2 tsp black pepper

Mix all ingredients.

If making pork chops, brown center-cut chops in some oil then place in a 13x9 dish. Pour sauce on top and bake for about 45 minutes 350 degrees.

If making ribs, place ribs in a dish, cover and bake at 250 degrees for an hour. Then pour sauce over top of ribs and bake for another 30-45 minutes.

Like I said, I haven't tried it on a roast in my crock pot yet, but I'll update you when I do.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.