Monday, March 8, 2010

I've Bought My Last Can of Formula...

...or at least, I hope I have.  Baby Girl is going to be 1 in a few short weeks.  So, I have decided that this is the week to begin the transistion to milk.  With the boys, I started a few weeks before their first birthday.  The first week I mixed an ounce of milk with three ounces of formula.  The next week, I increased it to half milk and half formula.  During the third week, I mixed three ounces of milk with just an ounce of formula.  Then, ta da, they were completely transistioned to milk.  Really, I don't know where I came up with this method.  Probably some random literature from the doctor's office (that I actually managed to read).  But it worked well for them.  So I am going to use it with Baby Girl too.

When I did my grocery shopping this weekend, I bought a can of formula.  A couple of months ago, I switched her to one of those second step formulas for older babies, and they only come in the huge cans.  Well, I forgot that I bought it.  I was at Target yesterday, armed with some coupons, and bought yet another can of formula.  Normally, Baby Girl goes through about one of the bigs cans each week.  Since I'm going to start transitioning her, I know she'll go through less than that.

So, I have quite possibly bought my last can of baby formula.  Yay!  (And a little not yay, because she's growing way too fast, dang it!)  All you other mommies out there know the excitement of these milestones.  This one isn't quite as exciting as realizing that you've bought your last box of diapers, but it's right up there!

4 comments:

  1. Yay, no more formula!! Hopefully you can get rid of the diapers soon too! My sister was like...not even 2 when she was potty trained (she was trying to beat me OTHER sister, and she did, haha)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awwww happy early birthday to your daughter and congrats on the milestone!!! I hope the switchover goes smoothly! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cried each time I bought the last formula, but yet at the same time each step seems a little easier with the youngest because you have already been there and done that.

    ReplyDelete

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.