Sunday, January 16, 2011

Yummy Yummy Tacos

The other day I mentioned that I made tacos.  I had a request for the recipe.  And I'm all about satisfying people so here it is...

1 lb. ground beef
small onion, chopped
1 tsp. minced garlic (or 1 garlic clove, minced)
1 tablespoon chili powder
2 tsp ground cumin
1 can (8 oz) tomato sauce

Put ground beef and chopped onion in a medium skillet over medium heat.  Cook until beef is browned through.  Then add garlic, chili powder and ground cumin.  Cook for about a minute.  Add tomato sauce.  Lower heat to low and continue cooking for 5 minutes (or until the consistency makes you happy).

And that's it.  Super easy peasy and way better than seasoning packets full of salt.  Serve it up in whatever tortillas you like and with toppings that you enjoy!

1 comment:

  1. in great news, we have those ingredients around the house allllll the time :) merci for giving in to my request, haha

    ReplyDelete

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.