Friday, July 10, 2009

I'm Sick of Big Brother

No, not the TV show (I've actually never seen it)...I'm talking about Big Brother, you know, the man. I tend not to get very political most of the time, but this just flat pisses me off. If you click on the link, you will find an article that discusses an initiative to ban smoking in the military. Are you effing kidding me?! Seriously, these guys and gals lay their lives on the line for our FREEDOM and you are going to tell them they aren't allowed to have their smokes anymore?! To me, this isn't an issue of smokers vs. non-smokers, or a health issue. I admit that smoking is bad for you. It causes a lot of health issues, but life in general causes a lot of health issues. (No one makes it out of here alive, in case you've forgotten...) To me, this is an issue of rights that these guys work hard to protect. I think the whole thing is BS. And, if you read the article it says that part of this would be banning smoking on military installations. This part would effectively ban spouses from smoking as well. I think that our soldiers and their families make enough sacrifices to protect this country. This shouldn't be one of them. There just seems to be something innately wrong with telling the protectors our freedoms that they can't have the same freedoms as others. I'm stepping down from my soap box now...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.