Friday, January 16, 2009

Weekend Road Trip

Tomorrow morning, I will set off on a weekend road trip. My sister is having a baby shower for me in Arkansas and, of course, my presence has been requested. As excited about this as I am, it is a little bittersweet for me. For only the second time in Caleb's life and the for the first time in Jacob's life, I am leaving them at home while I go somewhere overnight. The only time I have ever left home overnight without the kids was when Caleb was about 5 months old. We lived in Hawaii. My grandfather passed away and flew home for the funeral. I was gone for, maybe, 48 hours.

Now, don't get me wrong. My kids have spent nights away from me. They went on an ill-fated trip to Minnesota once many moons ago. When we visit the fam back in Arkansas, they generally spend at least one night with Martin's mom. But, all those times, the kids went somewhere and I stayed home. Actually leaving them at home is totally different. (Unless you have kids of your own, this is really hard to explain because I'm pretty sure it's one of those crazy mom things.)

Anyways, I'm a bit sad about leaving my babies at home. (And I'm a little worried that my hubby seriously will decide that on "Man Weekend" the only food necessary is pizza...) However, I'm really looking forward to my baby shower. So, bring on the cake (it's gonna be sooo yummy!) and those of you coming had better bring me something really good to make up for me missing my babies (just kidding....sorta).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.