Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Baby Shower Fun

This weekend went by sooo fast! I drove down to Arkansas on Saturday. It is really kind of boring driving that far by yourself, but at least I had a really funny audiobook to entertain me along me the way. On Sunday, my sister hosted a baby shower for me. It was loads of fun. I love a good excuse to get all my favorite people gathered in one place especially if it includes cake! Two of my best friends from high school were able to come. I hadn't seen one of them since we graduated and the other since my wedding, so it was wonderful to catch up with them. Of course, the cake was the very best cake ever. (Seriously, if you are ever in Northwest Arkansas and have a chance to eat cake from Rick's, DO NOT turn it down!)





I drove home yesterday and now it's back to the chaos that is my life. I left Martin a honey-do list and he finished it plus did some other things around the house for me. Yep, I'm a lucky girl....except him finishing the tasks means that I really created more work for myself. (He move the bookshelves, so now I have to unpack the books and arrange them....with my OCD, it'll take hours!) Plus, I have to replenish the kitchen (3 boys home alone for the weekend = empty kitchen upon Mom's return) and write thank-you notes. Guess I had better tear myself away from the computer and go start on my to-do list.

Thank you to everyone who was at the shower for making it such a fantastic celebration of Baby Kacey and for the fabulous gifts! And a big special THANKS to Katie for hosting the most fantabulous shower ever :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.