In honor of Earth week, I have come up with a list of my top five ways to go green for FREE! Yes, that's right, you do not have to spend huge amounts of money to make an impact on our environment.
1. Reduce the margins on your printer. Going from the default 1.25" margins to 1" will reduce the number of pages you print and by extension reduce the number of trees being cut down. Also, you can buy recycled printer paper for the same price as other paper.
2. Unplug electronics when you aren't using them. This will reduce the amount of energy used in your house which will also lower your bill. Did you know that at least 5% of energy used in the US is being used by electronic devices left plugged in but not being used?! So, unplug the toaster when you're not using it.
3. Donate items that you no longer want or need to the local Goodwill (or other charity oranization). Or, if you need extra cash, have a yard sale. Either of these options keeps stuff out of the landfills.
4. Repurpose plastic containers. For example, empty plastic coffee canisters make excellent containers for crayons and markers. Be creative!
5. Wash your clothes in cold water. It'll reduce the amount of energy required and is actually better for you clothes.
Must-Have WordPress Plugins
5 minutes ago