Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Extra Hugs

Over the last couple of days, I have been giving my kiddos lots of extra hugs.

My sister called me the other day.  She wanted advice on how to tell my nephew that his friend had died in a fire the night before.  It knocked the breath out of me.  My nephew is almost four.  Bad things aren't supposed to happen to kids his age.  His family did everything right.  Their smoke detectors worked.  They had an escape plan.  Tragically, the fire just burned too hot, too fast.

Sometimes I wonder why bad things happen to good people.  Sometimes I wonder why horrible things happen to children.  I search for answers.  Sometimes though, there are no answers.

Keep this family in your thoughts and prayers.  Give your own children extra hugs.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.