Monday, April 27, 2009

Why, oh why?

I constantly wonder "why?". It is one of my quirks, for better or worse. This quality is one of those that can drive people bonkers. For example, when I was little, I was one of those kids that asked "Why?" about everything. Yep, I was that freckle-faced, wide-eyed little girl who followed grown-ups around pelting them with questions like "Why is the sky blue?", "Why is the grass green?", and "Why, oh why, do boys have belly buttons?" (because I thought belly buttons were where babies came out of the mommies). Anyhoo, sometimes wondering why is quite amusing and keeps me entertained for hours. So, here are some of the whys I've been wondering about lately:

Why...
**do I always end up in the check out lane behind the world's slowest person with the world's slowest cashier?

**does my daughter seem to only sleep well on the couch?

**does it cost so much to be green? (I think they charge more for organic and green-friendly items just because they know I'll pay it...)

**do I never get what I order at Popeyes? Seriously, I've eaten at Popeyes in 4 states and every time, my order gets messed up...

**are people still shocked by my name? Really, celebrities name their kids stuff like Apple, Tu and Pilot, and a simple little name like Cole shocks you?!

**do my kids only find it necessary to talk to me when I'm on the phone?

**do people invent crap like the Snuggie?

**and why do people buy crap like the Snuggie?

**don't people understand that the way they allow people to treat them is the way they will be treated?

**can't people give me more than 24 hours notice that they are coming to visit? Honestly, my house is always a mess (because we actually live in it) and I need more like 48 hours notice to prep it.

**are young people in such a hurry to grow up?

Ok, so I could go on forever because, like I said, I wonder "Why?" about everything. So, I'll stop there and go clean my house because the mother-in-law is coming for a visit.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.