Thursday, August 26, 2010

Fast, Warm Breakfast

My kiddos aren't exactly patient.  I am not exactly one of those people who enjoy getting up at the butt-crack of dawn to make a hot breakfast.  I do, however, like to send my kiddos off to school with a warm breakfast.  I feel totally guilty if they eat cold cereal for too many mornings in a row.

Earlier this week, I came across the idea of scrambled eggs in the microwave.  Hubby thought it sounded gross.  But, quite frankly, I think hot dogs sound gross but that doesn't stop the kids from eating those.  So, we have been trying the microwaved scrambled eggs this week.  Both boys said they were pretty yummy.  Baby Girl ate them without spitting them out which in my book means success.

So, here's the method...crack two eggs into a microwave-safe bowl.  Scramble them up and add any seasonings you like.  (My kiddos are fans of seasoned salt in their eggs.)  Then microwave for 35-45 seconds.  (This takes a little trial-and-error to find out what works best with your particular microwave.)  Give the eggs a stir and microwave for another 35-45 seconds.  Remove from microwave and give them a stir.  If you like cheese on your eggs, add it at this point.  Cool for a minute and eat.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Comments?! Yes, please! I'll return the love.